The Lighter Side of Sysadm |
Ranting & Raving |
Pete's Back Yard
Tired of Boring Interviews?
Hey there, managers! Tired of those boring interviews? Well then
liven them up!! Be creative!! Here are some examples of
questions you can use to make the interview "experience" truly
memorable for both you and the candidate......
- Are you relaxed? Are you sure? Would you like a backrub?
- If you were hired here, would you be thinking, "Hey. I am now
here." and would you be excited to play a pivotal role in widget
- Where were you 2 years ago? Are those shoes Italian?
- Didn't you learn in High School to never wear brown to an
- I see you went to ITT Tech. Do you think that was a waste of
- Do you use the restroom alot?
- Where do you see yourself in an hour?
- Give me an example of your problem.
- How do you feel about minimum wage?
- Do you have a car? If so, can you go pick us up a pizza?
- Give me your best impersonation of John Wayne.
- Shut up! Don't be late again!!!! Where's my damn report!?!?!
You're worthless!!!!! What do you think about what I just did? How
did it make you feel?
- What was the most expensive item you have pilfered from any of
your previous employers?
- Have you ever turned in any of your managers for sexual
- Could you lend me 20 dollars?
- I'm not saying we won't hire you just because you're out of MIT, but
can we count on you to keep it quiet?
- Do you use a PC or a Mac at home? Tell me first, and then I'll tell
you what we use.
- You just missed the August pay cycle and we're switching to end of
month accounting next month so it's going to be eight weeks. No problem, right?
- You're either clever enough to steal and get away with it, or you're
not. Either way, it doesn't look good, does it?
- This form indemnifies us against suit in the event of corporal
punishment. You will sign it.
- What would you think if I told you the monthly employee raffle prize is
use of the key to the washroom for 15 minutes? For 10?
- Give me your best impression of Pee Wee Herman.